Self-Storage Solutions in Thunder Bay
At Dawson Road Mini Storage, all of our storage units have an eight foot ceiling and are available in the following sizes:
5X5 - Approximately Bathroom Size
- 25 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: boxed personal effects, record storage, or a few household furnishings, such as table and chairs, small sofa, or washer and dryer
- Will hold approximately 120 document boxes
- Can be moved with three to five loads in a standard sedan trunk or one load in a six ft. cargo van
5x10 - Walk-In Closet Size
- 50 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: extra home furnishings, office storage, surplus inventory, tradeshow supplies, seasonal equipment, furnishings from a studio apartment
- Will hold approximately 250 document boxes
- Can be moved with one to two six ft. cargo van loads or one 12 ft. cargo van load
10x10 - Average Size Bedroom Size
- 100 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: contents of large one bedroom apartment including appliances, construction equipment, extra warehousing space, staging a home
- Will hold approximately 500 document boxes
- Can be moved with one ton truck load or a 16 ft. cube truck load
10x15 - Small Garage Size
- 150 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: furnishings from a two bedroom apartment or townhouse, large tools and equipment for landscaping or construction, estate storage, business inventory
- Will hold approximately 750 document boxes
- Can be moved with one to two ton truck loads or one 22 ft. cube van
10x17 - Medium Garage Size
- 170 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: 1500-1700 sq. ft. house including appliances and outdoor furnishings
- 26 ft. truck or larger to move in one trip
10x20 - Large Garage Size
- 200 sq. ft.
- Recommended for: contents of a house (1800-2500 sq. ft.), including appliances and outdoor furnishings, small businesses requiring 24 hour drive-up warehouse access, equipment and inventory, a boat, RV or other toys
- Can be moved with a five ton truck load or a 28 ft. truck (ten pallets)
- Leave a step stool in the unit so you can access items at the top of your boxes/shelves.
- Label all boxes on the sides and top so that you can see the list of contents no matter how you place your boxes in the unit.
- Keep a thick marker on a string in your unit. When you change the contents of a box, change the label.
- Remove oil and gasoline from all small engine equipment before it is stored (including lawn mowers, chainsaws, etc.).
- You will need to check with your current homeowner’s insurance policy or broker to see if items in storage are covered under your current policy. If you need additional insurance, our staff can recommend local agents who offer extra coverage.
We do not allow the storage of animals, plants, foods, garbage, liquids, hazardous materials, illegal items or odorous materials.
Regarding fees: Get 5% off if storage is prepaid for six months and get one month free if storage is pre-paid for one year!
Call us today to learn more about our long and short-term storage options!